On 17 Jul 2005, at 20:31, Chris Withers wrote:

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

- "Close off" or "freeze" the CMF projects on cvs.zope.org to either disallow checkins or bring up big fat warnings if someone tries to. Input and ideas on this are welcome, if it was up to me I would use the "commitinfo" file in the CVSROOT to completely prevent updates as the first step.

I like the way this was done with Zope's CVS: the HEAD was cvs delete'ed and files cvs add'ed saying where to go look for the new versions...

Right. (Here comes out my CVS ignorance:) Does CVS recursively delete whole projects or does this require some script that deletes folder contents before the folder can be removed? I dimly remember having tried to cvs remove folders at some point and it wouldn't let me.

This would have to happen in conjunction with my earlier suggestion about using commitinfo since unlike the Zope repo we really want to completely prevent checkins.

jens