On Oct 31, 2005, at 10:26 AM, Jim Fulton wrote:

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 10:05:45AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| Sidnei da Silva wrote:
| >Found some lovely piece of code deep into the FTP parts of Zope 2 last
| >saturday, one of them is truely ugly. It's listing the contents of
| >the current and parent folders for no apparent reason (or at least, it
| >didn't make sense either to me or Chris McDonough).
| | There's a comment stating the intent.
Yes, but the original code does the check in a truely obscure way, at
least to me. I've thought of spelling:
        # check to see if we are acquiring our objectValues or not
        if not (len(REQUEST.PARENTS) > 1 and
self.objectValues() == REQUEST.PARENTS [1].objectValues()):
        if self.objectValues.im_self is not self:

That might be better.

Is that what an equivalent test? It's difficult to know the intent here.

- C