Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Does anyone know how to disable a mailman list without losing the

I would simply reject all further postings though Sender Filters (under
Privacy Options). It would probably be best accomplished by setting the
reject_these_nonmembers property to "^.*$". I don't know how to set a
nice rejection notice, though, so that we can tell posters that this
list is retired.

Of course, it would also be best to keep people from further subscribing
to the list. First, I recommend disabling the advertisement of the list
(Privacy Options -> Subscription rules -> advertised) and second to
moderate new subscriptions (while that moderation would never take
place) (Privacy Options -> Subscription rules -> subscribe_policy =
Require approval)

Yup, did these already before posting. :)

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation