Hi there

I've got a form with an input text box called 'msisdn', and a ZSQL query like this;

title: test
arguments: msisdn
connection_id: mydbconn
select * from mytable
<dtml-sqlgroup where>
  <dtml-sqltest msisdn op=eq type=string optional>

This works fine if I supply a MSISDN in the text box - I get the records I expect. But, if I leave msisdn blank, then from the trace log I can see that the query that gets sent to the mysql database is "select * from mytable where msisdn='' ", and so I get no records when what I want is ALL the records.

My optional 'msisdn' parameter is always being supplied, even if I leave the text box empty. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening?

Eventually, I want to have a form with lots of fields to specify a variety of criteria, but if blank text boxes are always coming through as empty strings, it's not going to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.