To: "Dinh Trung Viet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <zope-db@zope.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-DB] UnpicklingError in Ape 1.0

Dinh Trung Viet wrote:
Hi all,

I had a problem when trying to use Ape 1.0 in Zope 2.7 to store data in
MySQL database. I cannot add objects into the mount point portion (default
is '/sql'). Here is the trace back I found in log file:

2005-04-06T15:12:01 INFO(0) ZODB conflict error at
/sql/manage_addProduct/OFSP/manage_addImage (1 conflicts since startup at
2005-04-06T15:08:45)
------
2005-04-06T15:12:02 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for '5'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\TestSites\APE\Products\Ape\lib\apelib\zodb3\connection.py", line
359, in setstate
event = osio.deserialize(oid, obj, classification, state)
File "C:\TestSites\APE\Products\Ape\lib\apelib\core\io.py", line 160, in
deserialize
mapper.serializer.deserialize(event, state)
File "C:\TestSites\APE\Products\Ape\lib\apelib\core\serializers.py", line
121, in deserialize
s.deserialize(event, state)
File "C:\TestSites\APE\Products\Ape\lib\apelib\zodb3\serializers.py", line
291, in deserialize
s = u.load()
UnpicklingError: unpickling stack underflow

I have no idea why. Everything works fine with filesystem storage.
Could anyone help?!

Two ideas:

- MySQL without transaction support seems to cause this.  Make sure your
MySQL really supports transactions.

- Maybe MySQL is truncating data. Add some code around line 291 that
watches for an exception and prints what serializers.py was trying to load.

Shane