I need to read the definitions of my database’s tables, columns, and constraints out of the data dictionary (or catalog, or whatever MySQL calls its meta-data tables) from Python, via Z SQL methods or whatever else will work.  I also need to be able to get “last update” timestamps on each column and constraint definition.  (“Last update” means when the column definition was last changed, not when the data in the column was last changed.)

The “show” and “describe” commands that I find in the MySQL Ref Manual give some of this, but not all.

The nicest way would be to just do SQL SELECTs against the data dictionary tables.  But if nice isn’t possible, I’ll settle for nasty.

- Thanks for your help or your reference

- Ken