Dne úterý, 21. června 2005 5:14 ЦЗЛ УЭХК <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> napsal(a):
> I use zope 2.8 on windows server and ms sql server.
> What kind of database adapter could connect zope to ms sql server?
> P.S. (How i can conect to ms sql server from zope)

It is few ways to go.

One is ODBC (and here are few ways to go too).
Second is TDS (FreeTDS)

Both I has some problems with parallel access and with big tables.

Third and the best one is the native access to MSSQL.

Note, that I was sometime mentioned 4k text limit which I could not get rid
off - it is limit of MSSQL server via TCP interface, which could be overriden
with sql command (right in ZSQL method)

        set textsize 65535
        <dtml-var sql_delimiter>
        select datetype_text from table...

I use it on production server with sybase ASE 11.9.2 (ASE is not running as
service, only libraries and config file(s?) are needed).

One caveat is only, that I could not get list of tables from database. But it
could be some kind of limits in MSSQL - Iam not msssql admin.

                        Jaroslav Lukesh
  This e-mail can not contain any viruses because I use Linux