depending on what your goals are, maybe the following approach we use at
our site may help:
it is possible to mount "external" ZODB storages from a ZEO server into
the main storage
here an excerpt from our Zope configuration:

 <zodb_db main>
   mount-point /
   cache-size $ZODB_CACHE_SIZE_MAIN
   pool-size $ZODB_POOLSIZE
     server $ZEOSERVER_MAIN
     storage main
     name zeostorage
     cache-size 100000000

# ----------------------------------------
# mounted ZEO client storages:
# provided by local or remote ZEO server
 <zodb_db normen>
   mount-point $MOUNTPOINT/Data/Normen:/Normen
   cache-size $ZODB_CACHE_SIZE_NORMEN
   pool-size $ZODB_POOLSIZE
     storage normen
     cache-size 200000000
# and a couple of other storages follow here
the variable MOUNTPOINT (defined ahead) specifies a ZODB Path under that
the storage is mounted
the content of the storage is then accessible through ZODB paths
directly from the main storage
note that it may be also possible to use local file storages (Data.fs
from local folders)
but as we have a not too small multiuser environment with several
servers we have no experience with that
so you may have to experiment on your own

Auftrag von gyro funch