On 2006-02-23 at 21:36:46 [+0100], garry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How can I access a Psycopg_database_connection within a python script.
> So far I have this which only returns a connection instance, but I want
> to pass the connection a query string.
> query1=context.Psycopg_database_connection('select * from studentdetails')
> return query1

that won't work as you need to set the query attribute of the DA - search
the list history for an example as I can't remember off my head. This isn't
really documented so you have to read to source of how ZSQL works if the DA
doesn't make this explicitly possible. FWIW it is very easy to use the
execute method of our mxODBCZopeDA for exactly this kind of situation. As
I've said before you might better off writing a standalone script outside
of Zope if you don't need any interaction with Zope or as an ExternalMethod
if you do.

Good luck!

2005-10-17: Released mxODBC.Zope.DA 1.0.9        http://zope.egenix.com/