Hi :-)

I'm doing a commercial project on Zope 2.9.0 in which I have to read and write
data to Oracle 9.2.0.4 database. It won't be a substitution for ZODB but
something more of an import/export feature.

I've looked pretty closely on Zope <-> relational database connectivity and I
understand the concepts of Database Adapter, Database Connection and Z SQL
Methods. I've played around a bit with Gadfly.

I've found the wiki page:
http://zopewiki.org/Oracle
and it seems that DOracle2 would be the best thing for my needs (I only need
simple inserts and querries, nothing really fancy). But as I see there is no
binary for Python 2.4 and Windows.

I've found a couple of howto's on compiling the extension but they're not easy
or at least not for me, especially that I can't use the Ms Visual Studio :-( So
before I take on the task I would like to ask for any suggestions (links are
very welcome). Maybe someone has the adapter and could share it?

Is the Oracle Client still needed after I've compiled the adapter? If I compile
it in Linux is it possible to use it in Windows?

As you've probably guessed I'm pretty newbie - but very much willing to learn
:-)

Please excuse my English.

I will be very grateful for any help.

Best regards,