On 2006-04-05 at 07:32:46 [+0200], Jamie O'Keefe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Hi,
> I have written a series of zope pages for a person to update their
> record in our mysql database.   They use a zpt->python->db sql->db
> driver->db flow and work pretty well.
> Unfortunately, if enough people use it, the number of open db
> connections grows until it hits a limit and the db stops accepting
> connections.  I have seen that there is a connection issue with zope
> and mysql, but have not been able to find a solution.  Is there one?

How many concurrent users do you have? I suspect this is not a Zope issue.
Is it possible for you to use our mxODBCZopeDA which gives fine-grained
control over connection pools?

I think you will get further by running Zope in debug mode and seeing
exactly where the problem is, ie. why the connection is being dropped.

2005-10-17: Released mxODBC.Zope.DA 1.0.9        http://zope.egenix.com/