--On 10. August 2006 06:31:04 +0200 Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--On 10. August 2006 10:04:58 +0700 NGUYEN HUU DINH

I used mxodbc connected to MSSQL Server to get vietnamese data and
displayed it in portlets. But vietnamese characters displayed not
correctly, question mark appeared!!! I've set the encoding to utf-8 but I
don't know why.

Which encoding?

*You* must ensure that you receive your data from database as Python
Unicode strings or UTF-8. If your database encoding is XXXX you *can't*
expect that the data will be shown correctly.

In addition you must ensure that the HTML page is sent out with a content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8 HTTP header. You RESPONSE.setHeader() to set the header.