I have a few beginner's questions regarding Zope. I need your help to help me clarify some concepts that remain unclear for me still.

I've been reading documentation for a month, and although I think I understand what Zope is used for, there's still something I can't embrace, which is Zope's interaction with Apache. I've found a couple of websites explaining how to change my Apache config file, in order to integrate it with Zope, but in these sites they talk about things I don't get. I'll give you an example:

I have Apache running in my system, and a folder called /htdocs, containing the sites Apache will serve. After integrating Zope with Apache, what would happen with this folder? What would change?

Another question that bothers me is: what exactly is "Zope content"? As far as I can tell, it's content that will be server by Zope, but after integrating Zope and Apache, the previous folder, called /htdocs, could be considered "Zope content"?

I ask this, mostly because I've been assigned the task of installing and configuring a Zope server in our department, and I had never worked with Zope before. We have our sites in a folder called /htdocs, and I don't know what happens to the folder after Zope is installed. I'd like to know what the most common configuration of Zope usually is...

If you have trouble understanding my problem, I'll be more than happy to explain it again.

Thank you so much in advance.

PS: I was wondering too if this list is appropiate to ask for Plone help?