----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Withers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Are there
any database adapters and drivers that are free for connecting Zope with
MS*SQL server and MSDE?

Don't be a numpty, mxODBC is the best there is...

Pay for it, it's really very cheap for what it is!

Totally free and the best solution I was find for MS*SQL is to use Sybase (for linux is free) and zope ms*sql database adaptor product from object-craft.com. I was not try mxODBC, because mx does not send me trial licence.

There are more ways, using rudiments, TDS, socket servrer... But sybase and object-craft works well for 2 years in multiuser heavy read-write web application.

Regards, JL.