Am 10.01.2007, 13:16 Uhr, schrieb robert rottermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

thanks charlie,
so that means, that the _commit and _abort methods are only for zope's
transaction controll.

Yes, and with good reason.

do you have a suggestion how then to start/commit a transaction from
within a ZSQL method (or ZMySQLdb)

Well, if you check last week's archives, you'll notice a very similar question came up. We suggest using the our mxODBC ZopeDA with an ExternalMethod for this kind of thing as it gives you a lot more control and allows you to work outside the restrictions on ZSQL which, good as it is, isn't suitable for this.

Charlie