--On 20. März 2007 09:18:19 +0100 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am getting errors in queries on a MySQL 5.027 database using zmysqlda
2.0.9b3 and mysql-python 1.2.1 with Zope 2.10.2.

The errors occured the next day after setting the whole thing up and
while at first it was working all right. The event log tells me that
MySQL has 'gone away', it probably has lost its connection in the zmysql
adapter. But why or how?

How shall we know why your database went down? :-)
Check for indications on the mysql server side  - means: check your mysql
server logs.