Am 30.04.2007, 12:33 Uhr, schrieb Miguel Sánchez Beato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hello. I'm dealing with the ZmySQLDA product on Zope 2.9.7 and Python 2.4.3 versions. I'm having problems when I retrieve data from the database because the data is not rendered using the unicode charset when the zope instance is in a vserver (with a Gentoo Linux distribution), so I get weird characters like 'á' instead of the usual ones: 'á' (as they are strored inthe db). This is not happening on my local machine, so I guess it could be a bad configuration of the vserver. Is there any possibilities to pass a parameter to the ZmySQLDSA connection to make it use the unicode charset? Which differences are between the _mysql python module and the MySQLdb library for this purpose? Could it be the configuation of the vserver? How can it be relationed with the unicode problems?
Any idea?

What setting do you have for Zope's encoding? in etc/zope.conf
Your problem might be solved with the correct setting for that. Otherwise you may need to patch the DA to handle encoding for your target for you.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com