I'm using MySQLDBA, and I've got a Z SQL Method like this:

select * from myTable where someValue=<dtml-sqlvar myValue type=string>

The issue being that 'myValue' is actually a Hex value in a Blob
column. The only types possible for dtml-sqlvar seem to be string and
int (as far as I can tell).

I noticed that when I use 'type=string' the value is always placed in
inverted commas (and so MySQL thinks it is a string and rejects
it).... and when I put 'type=int' the Hex value is rejected by Zope.

Is it possible that MySQLDBA can not handle blobs / Hex values at all?
I'm confused that dtml-sqlvar only sees 2 types of data.

Can anyone help? ...