On 2008-01-23 14:35, siribu wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have got a problem:
>

> accessing an Oracle 10g database, whenever I ask for floats from a Zope Z SQL
> method, they are automatically converted to integers, simply dropping the
> decimal numbers.
>

> I am using Zope 2.10.4-final with Python 2.4.4 running on a Linux2 OS.
> Furthermore, I am using UnixODBC with Easysoftâ€^(TM)s ODBC-Oracle driver
> together
> with eGenix *mxODBC Zope DA*.

There's a connection option " Leave scale 0 floats untouched ?" to switch
this off.

The truncation to integers is done because some database drivers always
return numbers as floats - even integers. Zope would then display these
as floats (without additional formatting), which may not look right to
the user.

> Running iSQL on the server or even utilizing the mxODBC Zope DA driver
> directly
> in Python works well without problems.
>

> The error logs for the ODBC contained no sign or errors. Neither did I get
> any
> response when I ran Event Log Manager in Zope. I could not find anything in
> syslog.
>

> Any clues on how to solve this?

See above: just switch on the option in the connection properties.

-
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 03 2008)