Am 12.03.2008, 03:50 Uhr, schrieb Cu Vinh Loc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Dear friends,

In my website, there are many user groups and each group will have
different persission but I do not know how to assign permission for
certain users. Assume that I have a form that including some functions
such as: view, update, insert, delete. In this case, if users have normal
permission they are only view but users have hight permission they can
update, insert, delete,...

In Zope itself you do not assign permissions directly to individual users rather to roles. There are extensions which allow groups and Plone includes groups.

I use gadfly DB to create own database. In this case, can I combine this
DB with users table of the system?

Yes, but not with Gadfly. Zope has it's own object oriented database which is usually sufficient for most things. If you wish to integrate Zope with an external database for user management then you need to look at PAS (Pluggable Authentication Service) or exUserFolder.

Please show me how to perfome that in plone and zope.

Based on the information you've given us so far we can't do much. It is not clear whether you actually need to work with an external data system. If you only need to divide your users into groups then the user management in Plone should be sufficient. Look at the Plone Control Panel.

And please try to use some of the abundant documentation on these topics.

Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...
mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...
mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...

:::: Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for Windows,Linux,Solaris,MacOSX for free ! :::: Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48