Never mind.....cockpit error.....I looked a the sql generated from the
queries and it was correct in all cases. The problem lay elsewhere in my
Python script. Multiple works as advertised!

BTW, I also read in some posts that the type parameter does not work. But
according to my mysql logs, the type parameter does work as advertised. The
only issue is one cannot enter a list of values from the ZMI to test the
sql. You have to do it from a Python script.