Chris Withers wrote:

> PS: The XML-RPC stuff could just be given the nwe view permission for
> objectIds, if it REALLY needs it... although this would mean the
> docstrings thing would have to eb replaced, which isn't necessarily a
> bad thing ;-)

Yes, it really needs it.  My XML-RPC uploading interface to Zope needs to
know what's in a folder - so it needs objectIds.  How else am I supposed to
browse through the Zope tree?  I could have users install a method, but this
is a very generic need (browsing the object tree) and should be built in.