Hi,

We currently have created a site which stores user information in a relational DB, using GUF hooks to manage the security from the users and roles in the DB.

Although there is several user characteristics that we would like to store in a session object cached in server RAM, such as the user's unique system ID, greeting name, etc; rather than having to hit the DB for this information on each request. Basically we would like to use something similar to the session objects in ASP (yuck), or Java JSP/servlet model.

I've seen several Zope session products although they all seem to hook directly to a DB and don't seem to provide memory persistence which is what we would like to use.

Is there any existing products which do this?

thanks in advance,

Adam