Hello,

Has anybody tried to somehow get xml-data into SQL-statements or in some
other way use xml-data as datasource for insertion into tables?
It shouldn`t be impossible, if we could just agree on some format or DTD to
use.

Ex.

<xml>
        <data>
                <database name="demo">
                                <row>
                                        <field name="user_name"
value="thomas" />
                                        <field name="sex" value="male" />
                                        <field name="programming_language"
value="python" />
                                </row>
                                <row>
                                        <field name="user_name" value="bill"
/>
                                        <field name="sex" value="male" />
                                        <field name="programming_language"
value="java" />
                                </row>
                </database>
        </data>
</xml>

This means the demo database and the table users allready exists of course.

Any thoughts? I know this could at least sort out alot of troubles I`m
having right now getting data from external sources into Zope.
I`m going to try and make a product or a method etc. that uses xmllib doing
this, but if anybody has done it allready I`d be very happy do "abuse" their
effort. :->

Thomas