Tres Seaver wrote:
> Michel Pelletier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Thoughts on how they relate?  Are they the same thing?
> I think this pattern is orthagonal to the ObserverAndNotification
> pattern, but is crucial to making things like
> TheClassFormerlyKnownAsCatalogAware and Ken's new WikiRelationship
> object work.  CORBA solves this by mandating that the ORB provide a
> lookup method::
>    def resolve_initial_references( resource_type ):
> where resource_type is a well-known string like 'NamingService', etc.
> In our case, perhaps it needs to be::
>    def findNearestResource( meta_type ):

There allready exists such a thing, superValues([meta_type]).  But I
think this is too weak to use as a discovery protocol.  An observable
may not know or care what type of observer it wants to discover.  Also,
when it finds a number of various resources, catalogs lets say, does it
just notify them all?  Is there a concept of a default?  Can they

-Michel Pelletier

Visit WikiCentral for the latest Zen: