"Dr. Peer Griebel" wrote:
> Jason Spisak wrote:
> > If JoeM is an administrator then it may be desireable.  Otherwise, if
> > everyone is to be responsible for their own content, then importing should
> > automatically take place under the current user and this thread is moot,
> > really.
> >
> > All my best,
> >
> > Jason Spisak
> I don't quite understand. What is the purpose of exporting and
> importing? If this feature has to be used like tar in Unix I want to be
> able to restore _all_ properties (owner, modification date, security
> settings, etc) of each item! Sure you have to be root to do it in unix.

this might not be very useful in an ISP environment, where you do
application serving with zope. In this case you want to grant all your
customers (== users) the right to import/export in their areas so that
they don't have to bother you.

Digicool: do you plan to offer an upload functionality for .zexp import
just like we have a download for the export now ? this would be _very_
handy, because I do not want all my customers to be able to access the
import dir on my harddrive. (maybe it exists already and I just don't

                                                        innominate AG
fon: +49.30.308806-0 fax: -77               web: http://innominate.de