Chimezie Thomas-Ogbuji asked:

> Does any one know how the Medusa FTPServer determines
> which Zope Object/Product to instanciate based on the
> file extension of a newly created file?  For instance
> if I create a .dtml file, a DTMLMethod is created, if
> I create a .gif file a Image is created, and any
> unrecognized extension is instanciated as a File
> object.  I'm trying to capture files with .xml
> extensions so they are instanciated as XMLDocuments

$ZOPE_HOME/lib/python/OFS/ contains
a helper class, PUTer, which makes this choice.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have a hook to allow
installation of additional filetype mappings, so I
don't see an easy fix.  Refactoring time, anyone?

Tres Seaver                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Digital Creations  "Zope Dealers"