Hello Fellow Zopers,

I just downloaded Zope 220b1 and got it running. Now I run into a nasty

I have a lot of Chinese XML-files stored in Zope. The internal encoding is
UTF-8. Everything was fine in 214, 216 and 220a1. Now with 220b1, some
characters are (apparently?) randomly turned into lt;, gt; and the like. Now
this looks like some unwanted HTML escaping, but the leading '&' is missing
and the characters are definitely all in the range greater 127 (this is a
property of UTF8), so there is no direct relationship to the codepoints of
>, < and co.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong here?

All the best,

Dr. Christian Wittern
Chung-Hwa Institute of Buddhist Studies
276, Kuang Ming Road, Peitou 112
Taipei, TAIWAN
Tel. +886-2-2892-6111#65, Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]