Just a quickie here: I was learning a mate of mine how to use Zope over
IRC, and he created a ZClass to try out some stuff. Alas, he forgot to
provide a meta type, and the ZClass did not show up in the "Add" list.

This reminded me of a long standing "mis-feature" of Zope - changing the
name of the metatype of an object does not work the way I expect it to. A
real example was when I tried to alter the meta type of a class from
"artist" to "Artist" to make it more consistent with the rest of my setup.
ZCatalog and the "Add"-dialog still contained the all-lowercase version,
with the consequence that I could not index any of the objects in the
catalog anymore. So I had to change it back.

Shouldn't this be fixed? Or is it like this for a reason?

And tell me if this is unnfitting for the dev-list - I thought it more as
a development question than a standard "I cannot do this"-question :)

Alexander Limi