Zope currently has two ways of distributing products:
1. Tarballs containing python products
2. .zexps containing methods, ZClass products and the like.
Things are now getting bad as products are emerging (PTK, Tracker, etc)
which require both of these to get a single product working which is
What is needed is a new way of installing Zope stuff for the following
1. Python Base Products (Like ZPatterns, PTKBase and TrackerBase)
2. Instantiatable Products (like TinyTables, Squishdot and Tracker)
3. Interface Skins (none right now, DemoPortal is probably the closest)
Most importantly of all, collections of the above... (PTK is an example
here, Tracker would be as well)
Does anyone have any ideas?
Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -