"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:
> >That's great. Did you get my message about errors in triggered methods?
> Yes, I did, but the solution requires some more thought.  I had thought I
> had the "Transactional" machinery set up so that stuff was only called
> during transaction phases where it was safe to throw errors.  So I'm going
> to have to go back and review that.  However, I also think that errors in
> triggers should result in a rollback-and-abort, rather than silently
> failing, which could cause many other problems.

Right. So the application designer has the choice of whether to put
their methods that are called by GenericTriggers in try-except blocks,
if it doesn't matter if the trigger fails. But it is generally assumed
that triggers need to run without exceptions for the application to work

Steve Alexander
Software Engineer
Cat-Box limited