I think perhaps roles should take part in a class-like
hierarchy. It would be useful to be able to say that, for
example, "Author" is a subrole of "User", so that if I give
"Author" for an user it automagically gets the permissions for
"User". In my zope-coding experience this is a very realistic
scenario for mass-community sites.

>From the point of view of UI, this would mean each role would
have to get a "homepage" in the folder it is defined, where you
can control its set of "superroles". That shouldn't be too hard.

I'll flesh out the proposal and post it to the appropriated
wiki... but first I'd like to collect opinions from the list.

(Of course, by its own nature, this feature is optional and
backwards-compatible... if you don't want to give superroles to
your roles, just don't.)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar