Zope 2.1.6

I'm using a "walk the tree" method of updating instances of a Python
class, using an external method. Is there any reason that the following
excerpt from an external method would cause Zope to crash shortly after
it's been run on all suitable objects? The crash happens when I try to
see one of the converted objects in my browser.

  def update_state(self):
      item = getattr(self, 'aq_base', self)
              lambda self: self.content_state['review'])

It seems to do something nasty to ZODB. I need to truncate Data.fs to
get Zope working again.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something about ComputedAttributes...

Steve Alexander
Software Engineer
Cat-Box limited