Chris Withers wrote:
> Ah, so ZCallable is an inferior ZRenderable? *joke* :-)

I made it 'cause it's simpler.  And a memory lapse made me forget about
Renderable.  In fact I think ZCallable is a silly name.  Actually the
base class ought to be in standard Zope, not a product.  And it should
use the class-bound propertysheet stuff.

> > You have to do something like <dtml-var
> > "nameofafolder.index_html(_.None, _)">. But, that's not quite the same
> > because if the folder lacks an index_html, it gets acquired.
> But index_html will get acquired with that method too as folders do
> Implicit acquisiton, or am I missing something?
> Hmm, I think the patch is good, has anyoen subitted it yet?

Offhand I would say that putting a __call__ method in standard folders
would break a lot of DTML.  Remember that a namespace lookup tries to
execute the value before returning it. But don't take my word for it,
add a __call__ method to ObjectManager and see what happens. I've never
tried it myself. :-)