What was once known as 1.6 is now called 2.0.

There's probably more at the pythonlabs website.
ah, here we go....

http://www.pythonlabs.com/tech/python2.html

Note that the release is currently held up for some reasons to do
with the python team all leaving CNRI and going to BeOpen - sounds
like some sort of licensing or copyright ugliness.

The python development's moved to sourceforge in the meantime, so you
can track it in CVS if you feel so inclined.

Anthony

>>> "Jeff K. Hoffman" wrote
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Toby Dickenson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:29:23 +0100, Toby Dickenson
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > This problem goes away if I don't compile python with garbage
> > collection support. I guess I shouldn't be suprised.
>
> Python 2.0? Garbage collection? Huh? What?
>
> Last I checked, Python 1.5.2 was the newest stable release, with 1.6 being
> under development. 1.7 due out by the end of the year, and Python 3000
> being a redesign from the ground up.
>
> Is there a 2.0 somewhere that I don't know about?
>
> > Toby Dickenson
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --Jeff
>
> ---
> Jeff K. Hoffman                               704.849.0731 x108
> Chief Technology Officer                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Going Virtual, L.L.C.                         http://www.goingv.com/

Anthony Baxter     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>