This is now in the Collector, as bug number 1457.

Incidentally, is
another patch to the same problem. However, that patch doesn't address
the root of the problem, which is that DateTime instances are associated
with a particular timezone, and users expect all formatting to occur
with respect to that particular timezone. The fix in collector #1409
makes all strftime formatting happen in the local timezone of the Zope
installation, not the timezone given in the particular DateTime instance
being formatted.

Steve Alexander wrote:
> Here's a working patch to make formatting of a DateTime instance work as
> generally expected, when you use
>   <dtml-var "_.DateTime()" fmt="%d %G %z">
> or whatever.
> It could be made more efficient by compiling the two regex (regexes?
> regexen? regular expressions :-) ) into class attributes.

There's a problem with this optimisation -- see my other posting to
zope-dev today.
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer
Cat-Box limited