Steve Alexander wrote:
> Is there any good reason that the "brains" returned by ZCatalog searches
> don't have a standard property that reflects the URL of the object they
> have meta-data from?

That sounds like a good idea :-)

> This would seem to me to be more object-oriented, and would save calls
> to someCatalog.getpath(data_record_id_) in loops.

All you'd need to do is find some way of returning this from a method of
your object-being-catalogued that takes no arguments and then you could
add it as normal meta-data column.

I wonder if that's possible?

PS: You could always just make your own brains that returned the results
of this call, but that doesn't make it any more efficient :(