On Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:58:44 +1100 , "Jay, Dylan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>It is really a painful thing to do without.  I realize I can add this
>capability to factories of my own objects but I don't want to have to create
>my own versions of dtml-document and everything else just to ensure that a
>creation date is kept. I've tried using transaction logs but this is very
>dodgy for the following reasons. 1) An object can be created by many
>different methods. Its guess work working out which created the object. 2)
>The odb can be packed and then you've just lost your creation date.
>
>Can anyone give a good reason not to include this property as a standard for
>all ZODB objects?

I wouldnt want to pay the overhead for every ZODB object, but it would
be useful for those standard content-storage objects; Files, Images,
and DTMLDocuments.

I seem to remember a creation date is stored for PTK documents?

Toby Dickenson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]