Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Steve Alexander writes:
>  > ....
>  > When I look at the DTML Document through the web, the "self" object
>  > passed to the breadcrumbs external method is the folder that contains
>  > the DTML Document.
>  > (I thought that should only be the case for DTML Methods!)
> I expect, it is the folder containing the external method, too.
> Therefore, you get this folder as "self".
>
> You can provide the "self" explicitly in your call:
>
>         <dtml-call "breadcumbs(this(),<further parameters>)">

Thanks for the comment Dieter.

I'm just using <dtml-var breadcrumbs>. There are no further parameters.
Therefore, the magic of <dtml name="..."> should supply the appropriate
this() argument.

The external method works for other objects elsewhere in the heirarchy
-- the self argument of the external method is getting set correctly in
general. Just, not for this DTML Document.

Any other ideas? I have a workable workaround, so I'm not sufficiently
motivated to dive into the code just yet :-)

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer