On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 03:12:14PM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> > > So the standard_page_template default wrapping is an attempt at a
> > > compromise.
> >
> > It's wrong.
> Please elaborate your position. :-)
> Why is it wrong?

Because, as we said, the HiperDOM/xHTMLTemplate template is
already a "view", already part of the presentation layer. The
standard_page_template default wrapping is an attempt to
conjure a new "meta-presentation" layer out of nothing.

It solves a problem but creates more, because most people will
_not_ want the wrappers at all. Wrappers re-create the infamous
"source vs. rendered issue" and there's no easy way out of
that; they may be an useful functionality, but they're an UI

          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar