On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:32:17 +0100, Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>After more playing I've discovered that calling the resutl of aq_inner()
>appears to be a very bad idea ;-)
>The line:
>        print self.aq_inner()
>in the __call__ method of a python product caused the python process to
>dump an 'unknown software exception'.
>Should that be so?

I bet you are using python 1.5.2 on Windows.

Python has a good try at catching too-deep recursion. In that version
its limit was set a little too high, and Windows catches the error

>Also, I thought aq_inner gave the contaiment context (presumably as a
>list?) but it just returns a single object.
>So, how can I get the containment context of an object as a list?

Check out the implementation of getPhysicalPath

Toby Dickenson