Here's a problem which bit me today. I'd delegated someone to manage a
Yihaw directory. zope 2.2.2 source running on a sun.

make a folder at the root (eg /foo) with an acl_user folder there
define a new user in the foo acl_user folder (eg foobar) with
manager/owner rights
add a dtml method to view ZopeTime

<dtml-var ZopeTime>

view it and see the current time. It's owned by a real manager and it
works as expected.

Now, close your browser down and authenticate as foobar and try to view
the page. You'll get:

Zope Error

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: ZopeTime

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /udd/rerla/zope222/lib/python/ZPublisher/, line 222, in
  File /udd/rerla/zope222/lib/python/ZPublisher/, line 187, in
  File /udd/rerla/zope222/lib/python/Zope/, line 221, in
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /udd/rerla/zope222/lib/python/ZPublisher/, line 171, in
  File /udd/rerla/zope222/lib/python/ZPublisher/, line 160, in
    (Object: test)
  File /udd/rerla/zope222/lib/python/ZPublisher/, line 112, in
    (Object: test)
  File /udd/rerla/zope222/lib/python/OFS/, line 172, in
    (Object: test)
  File /udd/rerla/zope222/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/, line
528, in __call__
    (Object: test)
KeyError: (see above)

Note, it's not unauthorised - it's just not in the namespace.

ZopeAttributionButton is defined in the same but it works
fine. I even tried adding
ZopeTime__roles__=None to no avail.

What gives???