On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Ibaņez Palomar Juan David wrote:

> It would be great if the symbolic link could have a different id than
> the object referenced. But with the __of__ based solution "link.id" is
> always "referenced_object.id".
> How this could be done?

I think you'd need a special kind of wrapper.  It would have the
ability to act as if it were the object itself while transparently
overriding specific attributes.  I've pondered creating such
a wrapper before, but it crashed so much that I eventually moved on to
easier stuff. :-)

I think the ability is all there in ExtensionClass, but the details are
quite difficult.