"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, did you find this out by reading the draft
> SkinScript reference documentation on the ZPatterns Wiki?

No. I just guessed.
I think I might have read it in the source the other day too.

I'll take a look at the wiki now:

  A DTML-style Python expression. As with DTML, the "_"
  object is available for access to Python built-ins and
  library functions.

I'm looking forward to using the new "OTHERWISE LET" clause too, when
the next release of ZPatterns comes out.

> At 03:45 PM 10/4/00 +0100, Steve Alexander wrote:
> >I just found out that you can access all sorts of useful methods in
> >SkinScript from the magical "_" namespace variable.
> >
> >Let's say I have a DataSkin that has a propertysheet "journey", which
> >has a "steps" property of type "lines". I can expose its "steps"
> >property as an attribute, and also a neatly formatted version of the
> >same, using this SkinScript:
> >
> >WITH self.propertysheets.get('journey') COMPUTE
> >  steps=getProperty('steps'),
> >  steps_comma_sep=_.string.join(self.steps, ', ')

Steve Alexander
Software Engineer
Cat-Box limited