Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Robin Becker writes:
>  > I would like to add properties in a property sheet, but cannot find a
>  > neat way to see the properties on the base object and on the
>  > propertySheet.
>  >
>  > So I would like my properties to show
>  > id
>  > title
>  >
>  > and the properties on my basic properties sheet.
>  >
>  > I can easily add properties directly to the object during the Thing_add
>  > and Thing_addForm and these appear on the properties tab for added
>  > objects.
>  >
>  > How do I get a tab for the property sheets?
>
> I am not sure, I understand precisely, what you want to reach.
>
> ZClass properties are managed on distinct property sheets.
> I do not know of a neat way to present (and change) properties
> from different property sheets (other than adapting the
> "manage_PropertiesForm" manually).

I wrote up some code (dated) to present generic forms for changing
zclass properties, code to follow. i generally use it just to get a fast
prototype for a system, example: picking a property sheet and harding
coding a link to the second method. yes this code does find base class
properties (including stuff like webdav, etc), or at least it did last
time i used it (era 2.1.6).

hope this helps

Kapil

three methods

one to select a property sheet

one to edit a property

one to change a property sheet

1. edit_properties

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<form action="edit_propertyCategory" method="POST">
        <SELECT name="PropertyCategory">
<dtml-in "propertysheets.items()">
        <OPTION value="<dtml-var sequence-key>"><dtml-var
sequence-key></OPTION>
</dtml-in>
        </SELECT>
</form>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

2. edit_PropertyCategory

<dtml-var standard_html_header>

<dtml-if "REQUEST.has_key('PropertyCategory')">

<dtml-in "propertysheets.items()">
<dtml-let y=sequence-key>

<dtml-if "REQUEST.PropertyCategory==y">
        <dtml-let x=sequence-item>

Properties</th></tr>

        <form action="edit_propertiesChange" method="POST">
        <dtml-in "x.propertyItems()">
                <dtml-var sequence-key>
                <input type="text" name="<dtml-var sequence-key>" value="<dtml-var
sequence-item>">
        </dtml-in>

Properties"></td></tr>
        <input type=hidden name="PropertyCategory" value="<dtml-var
PropertyCategory>">
        </form>
        </dtml-let>
</dtml-if>

</dtml-let>
</dtml-in>

<dtml-else>
You have reached this page in error
</dtml-if>

<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

3. edit_propertiesChange

<dtml-var standard_html_header>

<dtml-if "REQUEST.has_key('PropertyCategory')">

<dtml-in "propertysheets.items()">
<dtml-let y=sequence-key>

<dtml-if "REQUEST.PropertyCategory==y">
        <dtml-let x=sequence-item>
        <dtml-call "x.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
        <dtml-var PropertyCategory> Properties Changed<br>