> If I want to store a reference to a User in Zope, what's the best way to
> do it?
> I'm currently storing just the user's name, which doesn't seem very
> robust.
> Perhaps there's a more conrete reference to the user object? How about a
> path or something?
> Is there an interface for this anywhere? I guess something would have
> been needed for the ownership stuff?
> Any ideas gratefully recieved :-)

You might want to look at the 'ownerInfo' method in
lib/python/AccessControl/Owned.py. That produces a
fully qualified 'path' to identify a user. It probably
should be made an interface on the user object itself
(it probably was done this way initially to avoid forcing
authors of other user sources to implement a new method
or be broken).

Brian Lloyd        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software Engineer  540.371.6909