On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:35:23 +0100, Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>How does this differ from Local FS?

I dont recall exactly how LocalFS worked, but without this patch it
basically had three options for handling its output:

1. copy the whole file into memory before sending the first byte.
   (this is ZPublishers normal publishing of a functions return value)

2. copy the whole file into memory a chunk at a time,
   and start sending the first chunk as soon as it is available.
   (this is normal RESPONSE.write)

3. copy the whole file into a temporary file a chunk at a time,
   as soon as the first chunk is available read it back and send it.
   (this is RESPONSE.write after a Content-Length header has been set,
   as used by File objects)

>> Working with files > 20MB I notices some serious performance/scalability
>> issues and investigated.

Toby Dickenson