Hi Casey,

   I think this is a fine idea. The main thing that keeps me from
doing it is that JPython doesn't work on Netscape (Mac) and so (at this
point at least) I can't use it, unless I have a context where I can
insist that users use a particular browser.

The other annoyance is the long download time for the JPython

The other annoyance is the general flakiness of Java VMs out there....

But.. I think the concept is a good one.. and once the JPython
implementation is cached it should be pretty fast. Then you just
have to worry about all the JVM bugs. ;-)

good luck!