Chris Withers wrote:

> I've read that ZPatterns and ZCatalog don't interact too well and I was
> wondering if this is also true of the new ZPatterns release. I might be
> looking to move something to ZPatterns so that it can get all benefits
> of Zope's security system and things like the Catalog, obviously if the
> Catalog doesn't work with ZPatterns, that's a bit of a problem :-S

CatalogAwareness and DataSkings don't work together. However, I wrote and
stevea maintains a replacement, for DataSkins, thats better than
CatalogAwareness - it automatically recatalogs when the object changes - no
more reindex_object() calls. The product is DataSkinAddons.

Older version of ZPatterns didn't support subtransactions - newest version
does, so it should work fine with ZCatalog.

--
Itamar S.T.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]