Toby Dickenson wrote:

> An alternative approach: apply tighter security to the method that
> constructs these objects, and leave the objects themselves completely open.

Well, yeah, that'd be fine, if it worked! ;-)

The whole problem is that objects have to be acquiring to work _with_
the security system. So, unless you mix in Acquisition.Implicit or go
through the pain already discussed to make Acquisition.Explicit work,
you can't have an accessible/usable-yet-non-acquiring object :-(

If anyone does find a way, please let me and the list know...

cheers,

Chris